Saturday, June 09, 2007

New Norcia Round Up

Very quiet here in the Monastery.

We came up at short notice and the guesthouse was full for Saturday night but having being fairly regular visitors here the Prior gave us "The Deluxe Rooms!" (as he called them) - the Bishops rooms.
Lovely large spaces with an en suite and shutters overlooking the enclosure, which was covered with mist this morning.
Talk about being spoilt!!

Apart from the retreat group (who aren't coming to the office or eating in the Ref.) there are only five monks, two observers and my friend and I here.
Liturgy in this setting is intimate, gentle and kind.
Exactly what my friend needs and not bad for me either....

I've raided the Library, being for a walk with my friend Dom John, prayed lots and just about finished my reports.

More in the morning.