Sunday, July 29, 2007

Another Universe?

Last night watching Dr Who I had a thought about the church.


Maybe the church runs at two levels.
The established church of formality, programmes and professional clergy and a broad underground church of grassroots community care love and transformation. I am pretty sure our little community walks a line between the two.

How I got this out of watching the Dr fight against the Daleks I don't know!

But browsing the net this morning I came across this great book
"Radical Compassion: Finding Christ in the Heart of the Poor" which seemed to give more credence to my thinking.

This would seem to be an issue across denominations and theological viewpoints.

The big questions are:
Does it matter?
Where do we fit? and
If we are wanting to live on the edges of church life, what are we doing about it?

Still thinking about answers to this one.