Thursday, July 24, 2008

WYD - so wot did it mean?

This is a good question. 


What DID it mean?

In a very real sense this is a personal question. Each and every pilgrim would have a different high point, a different point of reference, a different expectation either met or unmet.

When answering a friend this week I wrote:

It helped me remember why I became a Roman Catholic. Being part of this HUGE church which is present everywhere, regardless of language or race - and I am a part of it - WOW! 

I LOVED being with the French communities and celebrating mass from my heart not ears and head.
Good chat with a French Nun about family life and being a dad and my priorities there in terms of being a good husband and father. Living my life from my spiritual centre and not allowing other stuff to get in the way too much - it will of course but prayer and community are the key to dealing with it.

I can recommend the next WYD in Madrid - not only for the Tapas and Spanish Sherry, but for celebrating the wonder of journeying together in the faith.