Saturday, September 25, 2004

Community

Yesterday I recieved a call from Chris. It was one I've been expecting for a while but it still came as a bit of a shock. All our love go to you Chris and to the rest of your family as you mourn your loss.

In a way this is why I keep coming back. The community that says, "We are here for you no matter what. It doesn't matter how hurt or lost you may be we still love you and want to care for you through it all."

We can all come and be ourselves at prayer. Hey, there's no hiding who we really are from God anyway. We invite Him in when we call on Him, "Oh God come to our aid, oh Lord make haste to help us." And the thing is He does come, and he will help us, whether we feel anything or not is irrelevant.

In 10 more days I temporarily leave our little community and head overseas for 3 and a half weeks. I'll be missing all the time I normally share with all of you and I'll miss each of you terribly. But don't despare, you should be able to keep track of me via my blog (outofmybrain.blogspot.com). I'll try to put some bits and pieces up there from time to time. With all this technology out there we are not really out of community anyway. Although this isn't anything new, God's had us in community for years (even before we'd met we prayed together, "Our Father...").

But hey, I'll try to say Vespers on Wednesday nights anyway. It's something I want to share with you even if I'm not there in body.