Monday, September 13, 2004

Have you ever noticed how we start the week with a rush and then run out of steam by Wednesday? It struck me this morning that that's why we meet to pray on Wednesday nights. It's a chance to refresh and recharge the batteries. Considering the recent medical advice I had (ie "Rest up!" thanks Dr Simon) it's somewhat useful to take that time out. As someone who struggles to be disciplined enough to set aside regular daily time to rest in God I think our prayer time is invaluable (sometimes it's the only time during the week I seem to spend really connecting with God). At the same time it lets me know I'm not alone in my struggles.
I think I'm going to really take the time to do that this Wednesday at prayer; relax and just rest in God. It should be good.

Rest in Him
MJ