Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Questions

More thinking about our community, the wider church and all the issues which we run across in my discussions with Christians of all denominations and persuasions.

Reading Lewis has made me want to ask big questions of myself, to not waste my time on peripherals, to be honest and intelligent and engage.
I ask these questions of myself, as much as of you.

Does blogging help to build the kingdom or does it just “stir the pot” ?

What long-term effects will the neo-monastic movement have?
Will any of us be able to sustain our close communities in the long term?

Does the Emerging Church really matter?
Will it have long term effects as a movement on its own.?
Will established churches be influenced in the long term by its spirituality, worship or theology?

For how long can a church/movement engage with its dominant culture, as fully as the emerging church does, before it becomes saltless salt, or trite, or rootless, or so relevant it loses its connection with the ancient faith once handed on form the apostles?

Did Thomas Merton like Giant Steps by John Coltrane, or was he a Kind of Blue fan?

Pick a question?
Ask a question!
Write an answer!