Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Tuesday of Holy Week

The apparent failure of Jesus, this seeming end, brings me to my own failures, my own hurts, my own struggles, and to cry "Into your hands, I commit my spirit".

Faced with my own littleness, I see the littleness and longing in others.
I become the excluded one. The disenfranchised one. The outsider.
I see how much I don't belong.

After the cross, no longer is there in or out.

Merely our vocation to be fully human, through our littleness and weakness, with the whole world, living out of love for Christ.

The passion of Christ forces me to see humanity, the whole of creation, with new eyes.

When he was placed on the level of evil-doers, definitively excluded on pain of death, I was also there, watching from afar. Who was still thinking of the Kingdom on that day? He was erased from the list of the living:
"Not my will, but yours be done. Father, forgive them, they know not what they do. Why have you abandoned me?"
But another excluded person who still believed in it, gave the only word of consolation,"Jesus, remember me when you come into your Kingdom". (Here)



Jerusalem Communities have some lovely screen backgrounds available for holy week
(One for each important day) here.